Students will receive the course catalog and be given an explanation of the process by one of their teachers on Wednesday, February 5th.
This lesson will demonstrate how to request courses for the following year.
This info is for CURRENT 6th and 7th graders. Registration begins Wednesday Feb 5th. Signed forms due Feb 10th.
Please note, when registering online it is essential that you select your courses in the order of preference (starting with 1st choice)
1) Select Registration 13-14 Jane L Stanford Middle S.
1) Select Course Search to begin the process.
2) Note: Required courses are pre-filled. All students will be pre-assigned to the regular math lane. Changes to math lanes will be made at a later date (May/June), once teacher recommendations have been made.
1) Leave course name and number fields blank
2) Select Go
Note: Choose courses in order of preference (starting with 1st choice)!!
3) Click on course name to display description.
1) Select the course to read its description
1) Read description of course. Please note if any prerequisite is listed as well as the length of course (semester or year.)
2) Click on Request this Course.
3) Course will appear under Requested Courses.
1) Confirm that requested course appears in list.
2) If a mistake was made or if you want to delete a course from the list, click on the course name and choose Drop This Request
Note: Only do this if you need to delete a course:
1) Select the course
2) Select “Drop This Request”
Repeat process until you have requested:
Four semester-long courses (as pictured in #1)
One year-long course and two semester-long courses (as pictured in #2 )
Two year-long courses (as pictured in #3)
Note: Courses are displayed here sorted by course code. When you print the “Request Summary” courses will be sorted by preference (based on the order you selected them.)
The system will not prevent you from requesting too many courses. Be sure that you only request:
Four semester-long courses
One year-long course and two semester-long courses
Two year-long courses.
Once you have requested 1) Four semester-long courses, OR 2) One year-long course and two semester-long courses, OR 3) Two year-long courses, please select alternates (in order of preference) for a total of seven courses.
1) Read description of course.
2) Click on Request as an Alternate.
3) Course will appear under Alternate Courses.
Note: Courses displayed here are sorted by course code. When you print the “Request Summary” courses will be sorted by preference (based on the order you selected them.)
NOTE: DO NOT SELECT MORE THAN SEVEN COURSES.
1) Select Print Request Summary from the top right menu bar.
Note: If your courses are not listed in order of preference (starting with 1st choice) go back and “drop” the requested courses and rechoose them in your order of preference.
You have now completed the registration process.