Collaboration and cooperation are an important part of the Connections Program philosophy. This extends to parent support for students and teachers, which at the program level is organized by the JLS Connections Board, a 501(c)(3) organization. The board works to raise funds to support program initiatives, organizes program-wide social events, and aids communication both within and about the Connections program.
Board meetings are open and are held monthly at JLS. In 2016-2017 the meetings are in Conference room B on
- Sept 1, 2016, 8:15 a.m.
- October 5, 2016, 8:15 a.m.
- November 10, 2016, 8:15 a.m.
- December 14, 2016, 7:00 p.m. (alternate location)
- January 18, 2017, 8:15 a.m.
- February 14, 2017, 8:15 a.m.
- March 14, 2017, 8:15 a.m.
- April 19, 2017, 8:15 a.m.
- May 17, 2017, 8:15 a.m.
The board minute book is available for anyone to view (please contact the secretary through the school directory).
Connections Board Members 2016-2017
- Co-Chairs - Kim Boomar and Simon Firth
- Co-Treasurers - Rekha Goel and Suchita Gupta
- Secretary - Anna Itoi
- Social Chair - Sonya Bradski and Sheena Ansari
- Communications - Victoria Chang
- Advocacy - TBD