Jan 6 - Return to Learn Community Message
Dear JLS Families,
Welcome Back and Happy New Year!! Students will be returning to school tomorrow, Thursday, January 7th for the start of our second semester. Please note we are following the same bell schedule used during first semester, and we hope your student is looking forward to reconnecting with their teachers and friends!
- Thursday, January 7 - Normal Thursday schedule: 1st Period begins at 9:00 AM.
- Friday, January 8 - Normal Friday schedule, and includes an addition of Office Hours, 3:10-3:40 PM
Second Semester Schedules are now available. As was true of our Fall semester, due to the complexities with distance learning and schedule balancing, there will not be an elective change window for the Spring semester. If you discover an error in your student’s schedule, for example, your student is missing a PE class, having a repeated class or a blank period line, please contact your grade level counselor via email. All of the JLS elective teachers are dedicated to creating programs that are fun and enjoyable during distance learning. We hope your student sees their elective classes as opportunities to captivate their interests, as well as provide relaxation and reduce stress. We hope that your student will enjoy their new electives in the second semester.
First Semester Grades: JLS teachers have been working to enter grades into Infinite Campus for students and families to view by the end of the day on Monday, January 11, 2021. If you have questions about any of the grade marks that your student receives, please contact their teacher directly. For information about the Infinite Campus system, please visit the PAUSD help page.
Friday, January 8 is another JLS Distribution Day. Since we are still in the Purple Tier, we will have a Drive-Thru format. This event will be much smaller than previous distribution days. Families will be invited to participate based on their student’s schedule and the materials they might need for their classes. Parents of these students will be receiving individual email messages by noon tomorrow. (If you do not receive an email message, you/your student does not need to come to JLS to pick up or return any school materials.) The items that we are planning to distribute include:
- Semester Elective Materials -Some students might require an exchange of Chromebooks for Apple laptops
- Science Notebooks
- Packets or Novels for Social Studies and English classes.
- Overdue library books
Please Note: Tentative date for next Materials Distribution is Friday February 5, 2021.
As always, thank you for taking a moment to read these messages. I hope you all enjoyed a safe and relaxing Winter Break and you are looking forward to getting back into a groove for second semester.
I wish you and yours a safe and healthy 2021!
Chris Grierson, JLS Principal (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Additional JLS Contact Information:
- 6th Grade Counselor - Arvind Arya, email@example.com
- 6th Grade Assistant Principal - Amy Sheward, firstname.lastname@example.org
- 7th Grade Counselor - Alexandria Osornia, email@example.com
- 7th Grade Assistant Principal - Adam Nelson, firstname.lastname@example.org
- 8th Grade Counselor - Ellie Messinger-Adams, email@example.com
- 8th Grade Dean of Students - Hanisi Accetta, firstname.lastname@example.org