Sep 23 - Return to Learn Community Message
Good Evening JLS Families!
JLS Progress Reports:
Earlier this week Progress Reports were published on the Parent Portal of Infinite Campus. Please have a conversation with your student about how their classes are going and encourage them to seek teacher feedback to make any adjustments necessary. If your students received a grade of C- or below, please encourage your student to check in with their teachers for support. Many teachers have written individual comments with recommendations for improvement.
Teachers can be accessed directly during Office Hours 3:10-3:40 PM on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. Remember, details and links are available on Schoology.
How to Access Your Student’s Progress Reports through Infinite Campus:
While the progress reports have been published to the Parent Portal, they are sometimes difficult to find. Here are the steps you’ll need to follow to access these mid-quarter reports:
- Sign in to Infinite Campus.
- There will be an alert that there is a new message in your Inbox.
- Select the child whose report they wish to review, the language (English or Spanish)
- Select "Generate" a report.
JLS Club Fair held today - Wednesday, September 23
All secondary schools are holding virtual Club Fairs to share club information with our student communities. Students may start clubs based on interests, either social or academic. Our students are seeking ways to connect with other students, and clubs can be a fun and enjoyable experience! Please check out JLS Club Fair information here.
JLS Distribution Day - Friday, September 25:
Students have received a checklist to enter items they need for this third distribution day. Since the beginning of the week, teachers have informed students of the materials that are needed for future classes. Parents or Guardians (not students - who may be in classes during their appointment times) are invited to pick up items for students during the hours of 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM. Items that will be included in this distribution include:
- 6th grade Wheel materials (new 5-week period starting Monday, September 28)
- 6th grade Science materials for hands-on activities
- 6th-8th Miscellaneous items from subject area teachers.
- 6th-8th School Photos
- PiE Information for all JLS Families
To help us promote safety and manage the number of people on campus, families should send one representative during the time slot associated with their student’s last name:
- 8:00-8:45 AM - Student Last Name A-C
- 9:00-9:45 AM - Student Last Name D-G
- 10:00-10:45 AM - Student Last Name H-K
- 11:00-11:45 AM - Student Last Name L-M
- 12:30-1:15 PM - Student Last Name N-R
- 1:30-2:15 PM - Student Last Name S-T
- 2:30-3:15 PM - Student Last Name U-Z
If you are unable to come to campus during your assigned time, please contact our data secretary, Mr. Esteban Zacarias, at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an alternate appointment.
Please note, we are always appreciative of JLS Parent Volunteers. If you would like to help with this distribution, please sign up on this link. Thank you!
Important Notes About Visiting JLS:
- While on campus, everyone will need to adhere to social distancing guidelines - staying at least 6 feet apart from other individuals.
- Individuals will need to wear masks while on campus. Masks will be available at the check in table.
- Individuals must leave campus immediately after this process is complete. No socializing or loitering on campus is allowed.
PAUSD Superintendent’s Updates:
Superintendent Austin has shared pertinent information regarding district programs and the potential dates and opportunities for re-opening PAUSD. Please read the Superintendent's September 18th Update and watch Backstage with Superintendent Austin for more information.
We are sensitive to the fact that families may be inundated with information coming from the school sites and district. In order to focus on the most pertinent information, we will be sending our next community message on October 7, 2020.
We hope you and your family are staying safe and healthy.
Chris Grierson, JLS Principal (email@example.com)
JLS Contact Information:
- 6th Grade Counselor - Arvind Arya, firstname.lastname@example.org
- 6th Grade Assistant Principal - Amy Sheward, email@example.com
- 7th Grade Counselor - Ko Vue firstname.lastname@example.org
- 7th Grade Assistant Principal - Adam Nelson email@example.com
- 8th Grade Counselor - Ellie Messinger-Adams firstname.lastname@example.org
- 8th Grade Dean of Students - Hanisi Accetta email@example.com