Students will link to the online textbook through the student portal. Parents can follow these instructions to get to the online textbooks:
- Foundational Math (alternative link > select the green book).
- Concepts in Mathematics (alternative link > select the red book).
- Math 8: Course 3 (alternative link > select the blue book).
- Algebra MS (alternative link > select the blue and gold book).
- Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.
- Look for and make use of structure.
- Attend to precision.
- Use appropriate tools strategically.
- Model with mathematics.
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
The Middle School Summer School Program is designed to support rising 6th, 7th and 8th graders. We believe in developing an engaging summer program that provides opportunities for our students to advance, equitably supports and challenges students experiencing an opportunity gap.
Rising 6th & 7th-Grade
Math Validation Process
In middle school we offer a validation exam for those students, who currently have a very strong performance in their math class, to place into a different course for the coming year. This is an optional process and is not required. In fact, please note that the traditional middle school pathway (without skipping a grade level) offered to all students will allow them to complete middle school in an Algebra course, high school in a Calculus course, and meet all graduation and A-G college requirements. With that said, if your student wants to partake in the validation process, please look at the following documents to help guide you on how to do so.
Links to Resources
- PAUSD Math Middle School FAQs
- PAUSD Math Placement Information
- PAUSD Letter Sent to Rising 6th-Grade Families
- PAUSD Letter Sent to Rising 7th-Grade Families