- Welcome incoming 6th-graders!
- New to JLS 7th and 8th Grade, welcome!
- Transitioning within JLS
- Transitioning to high school
- JLS Registrar
Important dates for incoming 6th-graders
Feb 2, 2022
Dear Parents of Incoming JLS Middle School 6th Graders,
Welcome to JLS! In just a few short months, your student will enter the wonderful world of middle school. We are excited to meet our new 6th grade class, and eagerly look forward to welcoming them to our amazing school in the fall. The purpose of this notification is to give you an overview of the activities, which will take place in the next few months as your child begins their transition to middle school.
JLS Middle School Administrative Team
Hello Incoming 6th Grade Families,
We cannot wait for you to join our community, and we hope your 5th grader is looking forward to becoming a Panther at JLS Middle School!
Here is a Welcome Video for all students (and their families) to enjoy. Please watch this 15-minute video together as a family.
If you have any questions, please join us for our "Incoming 6th Grade Questions and Answers" Zoom Event on Wednesday, February 9, 2022 at 5:30 PM
To make our Zoom Meeting as effective as possible, please submit any questions to our online form: 2022 Question Submission. Please submit questions by 12:00 PM on Monday, February 7, 2022. We will present information pertaining to the questions we receive and hopefully have some time to answer some live questions too. This Zoom will not be recorded, however, our Administrative Team will create an FAQ of the questions we receive.
We hope that the video and our Q&A Zoom will help you and your child understand the JLS community and look forward to joining us at JLS in August.
See you soon!
Chris Grierson, JLS Principal ( email@example.com)
* Here is the link to the Mandarin translation of this document.
* Here is the link to the Spanish translation of this document.
JLS is an exciting and dynamic school community that believes every student possesses a range of talents and interests. Our goal is to cultivate these talents by providing an environment where students feel connected, valued and inspired. Our staff is dedicated to making sure all of our students achieve their fullest potential.
Our school website (you are here) contains a lot of information about our community. Please take some time to explore. If you have questions, please email Joan Scherer, JLS Registrar (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the JLS Guidance Office. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Chris Grierson, JLS Principal
To ensure students and families have the information needed to request their elective courses, everyone will have access to the following resources:
- JLS Electives website
- JLS 2022-23 Course Catalog (description of courses)
- a “How To” video describing how to request courses
- a Zoom Q&A session for students and families to ask questions
- During PRIME Classes on Wednesday, February 9: Course Request Materials will be broadly distributed. The JLS Electives Website, JLS Course Catalog, and Video Instructions on “How To” submit course requests will be shared with all students and posted on Schoology. This information will also be made available for all JLS parents through ParentSquare.
- Between February 9 and February 25: School counselors, along with our guidance secretary, will be available to answer questions.
- During PRIME Classes on Tuesday, February 15: Teachers will check in with students to remind them about the course request process and answer questions. (Note: Due to the 4-day week, February 14-17, we have a special schedule.)
- 5:30-6:20 PM, Wednesday, February 23: Join us for a Family Q&A Zoom about requesting elective courses. JLS counselors, administrators and representatives from JLS electives classes will be available to answer questions.
- Friday, February 25: Deadline for submitting a paper copy of the JLS Course Request Form with parent signature.
- Donna Hankins, 6th Grade Counselor (email@example.com)
- Arvind Arya, 7th Grade Counselor (firstname.lastname@example.org)
During our next JLS Community Zoom on Friday, February 4, 2022 at 8:45-9:30 AM we will present this information again, as well as answer any questions.
You can expect more information about this process to come to your ParentSquare account on Wednesday, February 9, 2022.
Chris Grierson, JLS Principal (email@example.com)
Students will be enrolled at their neighborhood high school for 9th Grade. To check your student's neighborhood school, visit PAUSD's school finder website. If, for some reason, you believe your student should attend a different school, please visit the Placement and Transfers Information website (see Transfers Within PAUSD).